Monday, November 14, 2011

Catching up...

I know it's been many months since I've last updated.  A lot has happened since my last post and I've simply just haven't had the time to blog, between school, work, hobbying, and other stuff.

I went to the NOVA Open in August.  I had the pleasure of joining forces with Neil and Steve from the 11th company to play as "Team Podcast" or "Team Win at all costs" in the Trios tournament.  We did quite well for our first time playing together, taking 2nd place out of 12 teams.  Our team played Dawson and Silas from the Imperial Vox Cast.  Well Neil and Steve played them.  I was in the singles match against their third teammate, Joe Guardsman from the IVC forums, who was a very fun guy, but it was a pretty one sided victory for the Dark Eldar.

I did alright in the singles tournament, going 5-3 overall, ending as runner-up in my bracket on day 2.  First game, I played Dawson from IVC.  He controlled the game very well, but I nearly stole it in the end with my DE contesting objectives.  Also I got to have some fun games against Ciaran from the Overlords podcast, played against Neil in a friendly match.

In September, I traveled out to California for Da Grand Waaagh, hung out with Carl from the Independent characters podcast as well as Bill and Dawson from IVC.  I got in a friendly game against Carl at 'The Boiler Room' and watched in amazement as he rolled nothing but ones for difficult terrain and dangerous terrain.  It led to a turn three rout of his Nurgle themed chaos army by my Dark Eldar.  In the tournament itself, I ended up going 2-1-2.  Had two games I could've won (I was winning in attrition), but didn't get enough done to win the mission, so they were both draws.  The last game I played Bill from IVC.  We had an excellent, fast played, fun game against his Raven Guard.  I pulled out a win on the objectives, but it was a game more dominated by movement than shooting.

In October, the Eternal Warriors podcast has gone on hiatus until January.  We're working on some format adjustments and hope to be back even better.  In the meantime, I've been steadily working on getting use out of models I normally don't use.  Recently when I've been meeting for friendly games, I've made lists using all models I haven't played with in a long time.  I played in the local Adeptus Windy City tournament with my Dark Eldar, but didn't do very well.  I realize that I need to get more practice, as often I may only get 1-2 games total between tournaments.

This month, I signed myself up for Adepticon.  I barely managed to get a hotel room in time, and just barely got signed up for the events as they sold out super fast.  I'm going to play in the 40k Championship Friday, Team Tournament on Saturday (Go Team Podcast!), and the Warmachine Team tournament Sunday.  I'm excited to play in these events, but I have no idea what I will bring for these events.  I know I'll bring Skorne for warmachine.  For 40k, I may try to get the Apollo Marines done by Adepticon.

 Also I ran the monthly Adeptus Windy City 40k tournament last weekend.  We had 20 people for a spirited three rounds of play.  Everyone seemed to have a good time and really enjoyed the twist I put on the standard roll-off for deployment.  Here are the Tournament Pics that I took, showing the different games and interesting scenes.  The things that surprised me were that there was only one Grey Knight player, one Space Wolves, and one IG player.  I think it was just a case of people got bored of running the same armies for several months so they switched up and used different armies.

6 comments:

  1. How are the Apollo Marines coming? I haven't heard any updates recently. (Although I haven't finished the last two EW episodes, yet, so maybe you mentioned them there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only update so far is as I'm typing this, I'm making the first mold for the astronaut helmets with instantMold. I'll make an update once I know how it turns out and I crank out a few green-stuff helmets to test it.

    ReplyDelete

  3. shareit
    shareit download
    shareit install
    shareit app download
    Now before downloading it take a look some best features of shareit for pc app.

    ReplyDelete